Western India’s first CUVIS Joint robotic system is installed in SaiShree Hospital, Pune under the Superintendence of leading joint replacement surgeon Dr Neeraj Adkar (Chief Robotic Joint Replacement Surgeon & Managing Director, SaiShree Hospital).
CUVIS Robotics-assisted joint replacement surgery has many definitive benefits over conventional joint replacement surgery
- It enables the surgeon to operate with enhanced precision even during the most complex procedures and difficult cases.
- Enhanced precision and lesser bone removal lead to less blood loss, painless, faster, and better post-operative outcomes for the patient.
- Personalization: patient-specific pre-planning and virtual surgery simulation
- Best implant positioning with cutting edge accuracy helps with the improved longevity and durability of implantation
- Lesser human intervention leading to reduced possibility of human errors and a possibility of intra-operative infection
- Faster recovery and discharge from hospitals
CUVIS JOINTS features:
- With maximum precision, accuracy, and flexibility on offer, it has features for maximum safety as well.
- It takes the help of CT-Scan images to develop a patient-specific 3D bone model and does the virtual simulation of joint replacement surgeries personalized for each patient.
- With sub-millimeter dimensional accuracy, it helps to get the optimal post-surgery outcomes for joint replacement.
CUVIS Joint reduces the possibilities of human error and ensures perfect alignment, leading to the longevity of the joint implant. Though this is a very high-end technology in our hospital, we have chosen to make it affordable, so that more patients will be able to benefit from this. – Dr. Neeraj Adkar.